The Story About A and B. Part 4.
“Hey B, I realise whenever that guy across the screen wants to kill us, he simply types ‘to be continued’. Ain’t that queer?”
“Look you d**k, he don’t need a ‘to be continued’ to kill us. He does not even need a “The end” or “Bye Bye” or “That’s all Folks” to kill us. He could SIMPLY TURN OFF THE SCREEN!”
“Haha, he censored the word you used.”
“Deeek, whatever! That’s what I’m telling you, he can do anything he wants cos this is HIS story! He can even make Donald Duck appear!”
“Quack.”
“See??”
“I get your point, dude. No need to go red.”
“As if I have any colour other than being a black font.”
“Can you explain the fate and free will theory now?”
“It’s not really a theory. That guy across the screen is not professional enough to form his own theories, just his own point of view.”
“Explain please. I know you know I know, but just explain for the sake of other readers please.”
“Ok. We once mentioned that everything we say or do is according to what that guy across the screen plans and types. It’s like everything that does happen to us is ‘fated’.”
“Yup, go on.”
“But look. Even if we have ‘free will’, that is, we choose whatever we wanna say or do or go we will still travel down this LINEAR path of choices we made. How do we know that this ‘chosen path’ was not ‘fated’ to happen at the start?”
“I see the picture.”
“We sometimes say we choose not to follow our ‘destiny’. But our ‘destiny’ is something we do not know yet till it happens. So how can we say we are avoiding our destiny, something unknown? The alternate path that we take might be our ‘true destiny’.”
“You’re getting out of point.”
“Ok sorry. The point is, from our ‘free will’, we create a route of choices we made, and eventually end up somewhere. ‘END UP SOMEWHERE’. Isn’t that what we refer to as fate? From this we know that ‘free will’ and ‘fate’ lies in the same path, don’t they.”
“I guess.”
“We will never ever know our fate; it is non-existent. And with that, there is also no free will, cos they lie in the same path. It’s like, whatever happens, happen.”
“That is so bo-chup. lor”
“What did I say about Singlish?”
“Sorry.”
“Quack.”
“Get lost, Donald.”
TO BE CONTINUED.
<< Home